Today we are going to bring you an unending curiosity and brainstorming activity with our collection of darkness riddles. There are funny, scary and lengthy riddles with us. So that, I am eager to invite you to solve as many as possible with your wonderful imagination skills. Undoubtedly, if you are thinking out of the box, then this is your chance to try our list and get the hidden meaning. Well, some of them will be a little bit tricky and somewhat difficult. Of course, you can try these riddles with your friends and with their help too. And also, don’t forget to comment the number of correct answers below and compare your scores with others as well. To begin with, let us start with some easy darkness riddles.
Easy Darkness Riddles
- 1. The more there is of me the less you see. What Am I?
- 2. I can fly but I have no wings. I can cry but I have no eyes. Wherever I go, darkness follows me. What am I?
3. It won’t help your eyes the more you have of it, the less you see. What is it?
4. What can burn the eyes, sting the mouth, yet be consumed?
Lengthy Darkness Riddles and Rhyming Riddles
- 1. What stalks you by day, and is rid of by night? It hides in the darkness revealed by the light. A looming shade sprawled across the gravel you tread; the more illumination is given the more it is fed. It hides in the nightmares of body and mind. And if you dare seek it, only you will you find.
- 2. Its right behind you,
And creeps on the ground,
It follows you home,
But does not make a sound.
Careful when you turn around.
Scary Darkness riddles
How many hours have you spent bored at home? If not so, I am so sure that you have had times at home doing nothing or at school or work having a break. So what do yo normally choose to do at such a time? Playing games or singing songs? Well, gaming is fun. Riddles are funnier and better. So some creepy darkness riddles are the next thing you will need to invite a Halloween feeling. The following riddles have a mysterious setting filled with darkness theme. Try each and learn something new today.
- 1. I appear everywhere except in the dark. What am I?
- 2. If you had only one match, and entered a dark room containing an oil lamp, some newspaper, and some kindling wood, which would you light first?
- 3. I was carried into a dark room, and set on fire. I wept, and then my head was cut off. What am I?
Descriptive Dark Riddles
- 1. Seven Deaths Riddle
A man goes to bed at 9:45 pm. He makes himself a drink, then turns off the TV and the lights. The night was windy and there was a major storm. The next day he discovers he was the cause of seven deaths. How is this possible?
He lived in a lighthouse as lighthouse keeper. He turned off all the lights by accident, so a ship with 7 passengers couldn’t negotiate the rocky shores. One would think the light switches in a lighthouse would be more clearly marked.
- 2. Written in Blood Riddle
On a dark, stormy Halloween night, four kids named John, Sarah, Luke and Bob walk into a haunted house during a blackout. Only one of them can escape. They take a staircase to the second floor, a trapdoor on the left, then go up the ladder to the right, followed by a 28-foot slide to the basement through the mouth of a Giant Panda. In one corner of the murky cellar is a chainsaw, a dagger, a rope with a noose and an electric chair. Written on the wall in blood are the words, only one will survive choose your death! Bob takes the rope, Sarah picks up the dagger, John chooses the chainsaw and Luke uses the chair. Who survives?
It’s Luke, because there’s no power (it’s during a blackout).
A little more…
- 3. No Scales or Bones Riddle
They have not flesh, nor feathers, nor scales, nor bone. However, they have fingers and thumbs of their own. What are they?
- 4. Unbelievable one
Once upon a time, a man and a woman live peacefully in a house together. But one day the woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over five minutes. Finally, she hangs him, but ten minutes later they go out and enjoy a wonderful dinner. How can this be?
The woman is a photographer. She shot a picture of her husband, developed it and hung it up to dry.
After all, riddles are very good brain teasers. Most importantly, they are used to improve language skills and imagination skills for children. However, they are not limited for children because they make a fine method of spending time with people no matter they are kids or adults. Actually, riddles give you a chance to enhance your imagination and let you think in different ways. Then it gives you good knowledge. Finally, I hope you enjoyed our simple collection of darkness riddles. May be you know more interesting riddles different from ours. If so, don not hesitate to add them in our comments section and have some more fun.